Thursday, January 15, 2015

33 Weeks!


We are 33 weeks today! Had my doctors appointment this morning and baby girl is growing so much! The doctor estimates that she weighs around 4 pounds 12 ounces and is about 18.2 inches long. He said "4 more weeks would be great but 3 would be okay" so he thinks she could come early! Obviously I want her to stay in as long as she needs to so that she is healthy but I'm all for a few weeks early.

I've been doing okay. This week I am starting to be really sore in my pelvic area. The doctor says that is pretty normal. He is having me take a magnesium supplement which he said will hopefully help with some of the soreness and also with all of the braxton hicks contraction that I am apparently having. I was pretty sure that is what has been happening because I can feel my belly tighten but I wasn't sure if it was that or if it was the baby moving around because they don't generally hurt. They hooked me up to the contraction and heartbeat monitors today for about 40 minutes and in that time frame I had several small contractions. Very different from two weeks ago when I only had maybe one the whole time.

Sooo maybe Elsie will be here sooner rather than later. As long as she is healthy I'm fine with it. Four weeks from now will put us right around Valentine's Day! But we will see. It's more likely that now that my hopes are up she'll just take her good ole' time haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment