Monday, October 27, 2014

Handmade for Baby

I have been feeling extra crafty lately, especially when it comes to any and all things for the baby. The first things I made, before we even knew the gender, were these hat and booties. I just recently added the flowers to make them a little more girly.

I decided on teal and yellow for the nursery awhile back and have been adding things little by little. I am basing the colors off of this fabric that I used to make a curtain for a storage cabinet that I have. I also made a little pillow out of the leftovers. 

I found this wall mounted coat hanger a few weeks back and painted it to match. It was just one of those things I picked up and wasn't sure where I was going to put it, but then one day I got bored and ta-da!

This has been my most time consuming project. I just recently finished crocheting this blanket for the baby. I added a frilly ruffled border to a very simple double crochet pattern. I'm definitely a beginner when it comes to crocheting so the more simple the better, and this was easy enough that I didn't get to frustrated or mess up to many times.  

Here's a peek at the crib. The pillow that I mentioned above is here as well as the blanket. I also painted this picture. My grandma used to sing me that song to me when I was little and around the time she passed away I had a toy that danced and sang it. It brings back good memories and fits the room perfect. (and of course elephants)

I'm definitely not a pro when it comes to sewing, but I can manage a semi-straight line pretty well so I made these curtains. The windows here are a weird size and they have this very outdated clip-on hanging system so I couldn't find curtains that I liked without having to order them and pay for shipping. Luckily I found the perfect teal fabric. They block out just enough light so that I think baby will be able to nap in there during the day but I'll still be able to see and not run in to things. 

That's it for now haha. Clearly I have been keeping myself busy.

1 comment:

  1. yay for new babies! cute stuff you've made! i'm your scarf swap partner- could you shoot me an email (cadelethompson(at)gmail(dot)com) or is there a better way for us to chat? :)

    ReplyDelete