Monday, June 29, 2015

Our Anniversary Weekend

This weekend, Sunday actually, was our two year anniversary. And this week we have been together for TEN years! It's hard to believe.

Friday evening we hit up the German American Friendship Festival. Such a corny name for a festival haha. We just walked around and had some beers and apfelwein. Apfelwein is one of my favorite things about summer in Germany! It's a really sweet wine made from apples. SO yummy! We also had some fish and chips. Fun fact: Jay had never had tartar sauce. Haha

Saturday we... what did we do? Oh ya we went to a new (to us) mall nearby. I've decided it's my new favorite mall. But it is outside and it rained while we were there (of course). Jay got some new running shoes and I made my first purchase at Zara and got Elsie this jacket for the fall. I got a size larger than what she will probably be in the fall but just in case she needs to wear several layers, it won't be too tight.

Then Sunday, our actual anniversary day, I got to sleep in! Jay thinks I'm weird because I only slept until like 8:30 and that is "sleeping in" to me now haha. Then he made me a yummy breakfast of pancakes, eggs, and bacon. We pretty much just hung out around the house most of the day but did end up going back down to the festival for a drink and to walk around a bit just to get out of the house. There was live music but the guy singing was not very good at all. And for dinner... Jay once again cooked and it was a surprise so I wasn't allowed in the kitchen all afternoon. He ended up making chicken and dumplings and a salad. It was really good and sweet of him!


Jay got me new kitchen towels that I've been wanting, since the other day I realized at least 50% of our kitchen towels are Christmas themed. Also, the traditional gift for a two year anniversary is cotton. Two birds with one stone. 


And what would a blog post be without a picture of this babe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment