Saturday, August 10, 2013

Dreams

It's funny sometimes what dreams can tell us. Yes, I have an occasional dream where people turn into spiders but sometimes my dreams are way more realistic. Last night I had a dream about my hubby leaving which I was sort of expecting to have by now. It was a pretty simple dream that took place at the airport. Yet somehow it made everything make sense. Don't get me wrong I'm not sitting here in denial that he is leaving for trainign for 30 weeks, with intentions of somehow keeping him here, but my dream made me feel okay about him leaving. He has to leave. Not only because if he doesn't show up the army will find him, but because it's the right thing to do at this point in our lives. In my dream, after making a decision to send someone else in his place, I looked at him asking what we were going to do now and he said "nothing".  This seems really simple when I write it down but it really put everything into perspective. There is no going back, even if we wanted to, even if we tried to. Our future is scary and it's also exciting. It is a big change for both of us and we made the choice together and the time is finally here.

No comments:

Post a Comment