Sunday, October 25, 2015

Ludwigsburg Pumpkin Festival



A couple of weeks ago we went to the Kurbisausstellung in Ludwigsburg, Germany. This is the largest pumpkin festival in Europe. 


Contests are held for the largest pumpkins in Germany and in Europe. These are huge pumpkins!  Last year the heaviest pumpkin was 1054 kg!


This festival is also huge. It doesn't look that big when you first arrive but the majority of the festival is located behind the palace.


There are a variety of pumpkin foods as well as typical German foods. I went out on a limb and tried the vegetarian pumpkin burger. It was delicious!

The pumpkin sculptures (I guess you could call them) were very impressive!



We bought two small pumpkins, which I let Elsie pick out.  I never knew the were so many types of pumpkin!


We had a really good time at this festival and I would highly recommend it! 







No comments:

Post a Comment