Thursday, May 14, 2015

My First Mother's Day

I had sort of been looking forward to my first Mothers Day for a couple of weeks. I had a picture in my mind of what I might get from my husband (jewelry, flowers, etc)for being the best mom I could be the past two months.  But it turned out way different than I had imagined.
My husband spent the whole weekend cleaning and doing laundry so I didn't have to. He also took over caring for Elsie all day Sunday so I could just do whatever I wanted. It was a great feeling! 
We also went to the apple blossom festival in Naurod for a few hours. Had a few beers.  Watched the parade.
Then we came home and my husband did all the grocery shopping for the week.  He also grilled dinner and some extra meat for the week while I played with Elsie in the grass. 
Then, as if that wasn't enough,  he secretly made me chocolate covered strawberries and bananas with ice cream whole I watched tv. He gave me that with my mother's day card. 
It was a great day!  I am so thankful for him and our sweet baby girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment